Going beyond the expected, since 1948
Senior Estimator - High Voltage Electrical
We are currently seeking a Full Time Senior Estimator for Electrical projects at our New Castle, PA office. The Senior Estimator will exercise discretion and independent judgment to estimate project costs per specifications for High Voltage Infrastructure Projects. Responsible to consider all raw materials, labor, equipment, tools and transportation for estimations. Identify necessary resources for projects based on cost estimates and budgetary constraints.
Qualifications & Skills
- 10+ years construction estimating experience
- Engineering/Construction Management degree or equivalent experience
- Understanding of Labor Units
- Ability to prepare complex proposals with minimal supervision
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Previous experience with estimating software a plus
- Perform take-offs of commodities from drawings/specifications and enter in estimating software
- Determine scope of supply and installation
- Communicate and Negotiate with vendors and sub-contractors
- Review incoming vendor and sub-contractor quotes
- Position may require periodic travel to job sites
At Bruce and Merrilees, we offer a competitive salary with an outstanding benefits package, including health & dental insurance, Paid Time Off, and employer-matched 401(k). We also provide FREE Vision coverage, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability.
Bruce & Merrilees is a family-owned and operated business. Since 1948, we have provided innovative electrical installation and maintenance services for large, complex projects. Our services include: Transportation, Oil & Gas, High Voltage, Industrial & Power, Speciality Contracts & Services, and Commercial & Institutional.
Bruce & Merrilees is proud to have been selected as one of the Region's Best Places to Work for 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
Bruce & Merrilees Electric Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or, if applicable, veteran status.