Going beyond the expected, since 1948
We are searching for a Survey Technician to be responsible for performing duties associated with Survey / Layout functions, Computer Aided Drafting (CAD), project pre-planning and execution. The Technician provides CAD / Survey information between the Project Team and maintains professional relationships with designers, owners and subcontractors.
- Performing construction survey layout and as-built surveying on a variety of construction project types
- Educate Field Personnel on BIM process and support project specific BIM requirements
- Support modeling/CAD requirements with project teams
- Perform design functions with Engineering support
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations
- Conduct field surveys for determination of existing conditions and establishing project baseline
- Assist field personnel with drawing interpretation and record drawings
- Ability to travel to jobsites with some overnights expected
- Experience with Total Station, AutoCAD, GPS Surveying or GNSS Equipment desired but not required
At Bruce and Merrilees, we offer a competitive salary with an outstanding benefits package, including health & dental insurance, Paid Time Off, and employer-matched 401(k). We also provide FREE Vision coverage, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability.
Bruce & Merrilees is a family-owned and operated business. Since 1948, we have provided innovative electrical installation and maintenance services for large, complex projects. Our services include: Transportation, Oil & Gas, High Voltage, Industrial & Power, Speciality Contracts & Services, and Commercial & Institutional.
Bruce & Merrilees is proud to have been selected as one of the Region's Best Places to Work for 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
Bruce & Merrilees Electric Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or, if applicable, veteran status.